Mission Submission SOP
From UO Community Wiki
(Redirected from Mission Submission Requirements)
|This page contains official documentation and has been protected to prevent vandalism. Updates to this page will be handled by a Sysop/WSO or the relevant officer.|
If you believe this protection is in error or have noticed an error please make a request for modification on the forums.
Mission Submission SOP
- Missions must contain a coherent schema of play
- 1-1 including a clearly defined briefing (as below).
- 1-2 including logical objectives to the scenario.
- 1-3 including the means to complete included objectives.
- 1-4 including reasonable end conditions.
- Missions must contain clear and concise briefings
- 2-1 defining the time, date, weather, and vision conditions.
- 2-1a including any known illumination or vision impairments present
- 2-1b optionally including duration until first light and or last light
- 2-2 defining friendly forces including their size, assets, disposition, and known objectives
- 2-2a including assigned callsigns and communication channels
- 2-3 defining known enemy forces including their size, assets, disposition, and their objectives
- 2-4 defining starting locations for known player groups.
- 2-5 defining all known locations of forces, friendly, enemy and neutral.
- 2-6 defining a unique notes tab for mission information
- 2-6a including end conditions
- 2-6b including enforced mission settings
- 2-6c including game mastering and technical notes
- 2-6d including mission author name
- Mission submissions must be tested on the United Operations test servers;
- 3-1 submissions must be free of script and locality errors.
- 3-2 submissions must perform reasonably on both client and server.
- 3-3 submissions must adhere to mission naming requirements.
- 4-1 Missions must only contain addons as per the list of addons supported by United Operations.
- 4-2 Missions may contain an intro, however it must be toggled to off by default.
- 4-3 Missions may contain music, but it must be added via CfgMusic, or be from limited 3D source(s).
- 4-4 Missions containing significant Team versus Team (TVT) content must:
- 4-4a - Contain objective-based gameplay.
- 4-4b - Contain ACRE radio channel scrambling if it is appropriate and feasible.
- 4-4c - Contain ACRE babel support if it is appropriate and feasible.
- 4-4d - Contain a description on the slotting screen with the ratio and any other slotting information.
- 4-5 Meeting Engagement TVT missions will be added on an at-will basis after review by the Mission Making Office.
- 4-6 Missions utilizing Zeus will be added on an at-will basis after review by the Mission Making Office.
- 4-7 Missions utilizing externally-sourced seeder frameworks or missions will be added on an at-will basis after review by the Mission Making Office.
- 4-8 Missions that contain unconventional scenarios can have any of the above requirements waived at the discretion of a MMO.
- 4-9 Missions deemed detrimental by the Mission Making Office may be removed by a MMO at will.
- The following landmasses are valid for mission creation and submission on the UnitedOperations Servers at this time.;
- Aliabad Region
- Celle 2
- Proving Grounds
- Schwemlitz Winter
- Thirsk Winter
- Virtual Reality
- Suomi Finland
- Kunduz Afghanistan
- Diyala Iraq
- Missions found to be significantly malfunctioning must be removed by the Mission Making Office at the earliest reasonable time.
- "Mission File Name" refers to the actual .pbo file name.
- Mission Display Names and Mission File Names must be formatted as below, where ## is the number of playable slots in the mission.
- Cooperative: CO##_Name_v1
- Team versus Team: TVT##_Name_v1
- Team vs AI augmented by players: COTVT##_Name_v1
- Joke Missions: LOL##_Name_v1
- Mission File Names must only contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), periods, and underscores.
- Mission versions must start at version one for the initial submission.
- Mission versions must be advanced for future updates.
- Missions containing Headless Client or Zeus Functionality should be postfixed with _HC and/or _ZEUS just before the version as applicable
- "Mission Display Name" refers to the name set via the Intel menu in the editor. The name field on your mission list entry should mirror this.
- Mission Display Names are not subject to these character restrictions, within reason, i.e. spaces instead of underscores, as below:
- Mission Display Name - TVT85 My Sweet Mission v1
- Mission File Name - TVT85_MySweetMission_v1.chernarus.pbo
- Mission Display Names and Mission File Names may differ, but must be easily identifiable as the same mission.
- Mission Display Names must additionally be postfixed to indicate headless client support, e.g. CO65_BestMissionEver_v1_HC
- Mission Display Names must additionally be postfixed to indicate Zeus support, e.g. CO65_WaitingTooLong_v1_ZEUS
- Mission Display Names must be substantially different from extant missions on the United Operations mission list.